In this context it was of vital importance to optimize the monitoring of its expatriate personnel as they noted that there was a significant lack of structure and governance. They also wished to outsource some HR services.
After completing a thorough analysis, ITX proposed an action plan as follow:
- ITX constituted a dedicated team for the GMS-S™ to manage and coordinate the international assignments of different home countries liaising with all involved stakeholders.
- Through a GMS-S all processes are well identified and operational guidelines are strictly applied respecting Group policy and values.
- The setup of a specific software enabling the accurate and fast calculation of salary packages as expats move from one country to another whilst ensuring the application of international mobility package.
- Onboarding expatriate employees (one stop structure in coordination with providers particularly relocation services, immigration, insurers, tax advisors).
The direct benefits of the Global Mobility Shared Services solution (GMS-S™) are:
- To ensure the application of a common international policy by home countries entities;
- To centralize expatriate management on behalf of home countries entities
- To have at any time a group mapping of expatriate locations
- A better overall governance, with a precise understanding of the expatriate workforce costs across the entire group.
- The ability to move forces when and where it is necessary.
- To improve administrative efficiency and to reinforce worldwide group guidelines application.
- To secure sensitive employment data.
- To absorb with ease the increase in staff numbers.
- To be assisted continuously by various experts within the field of international mobility